Customer and Sales Advisor for a YOGA STUDIO
Title: Customer & Sales Advisor
Working Hours: Full time / 37.5 - 40hrs per week (shifts incl. evenings and weekends)
Salary: £16,000, plus benefits package.
Milton Keynes’ premier Yoga & Wellbeing Studio is seeking an excellent full-time Sales Advisor/Customer Services to meet the growing needs of our thriving studio.
Why work for us? We are a group of enthusiastic and caring people, dedicated to changing lives through wellbeing practices. We’ve been bringing peace and calm into peoples’ lives for over 5 years and we’re growing! We offer terrific perks and love to promote from within. There are exciting things happening at Whitespace, come join the team!
About the role. People are our passion and more than anyone, you’ll be the face of Whitespace. When you join us in a busy Front of House role, you’ll live our brand by making every person feel welcomed and a part of our community. Delivering an exceptional customer experience with pleasure and enthusiasm, you’ll know everything there is to know about our classes and events, and be ready to anticipate questions with thoughtful suggestions. Capable of dealing with any issues that arise with tact and diplomacy, your aim will be to deliver service that puts the customer first and gives them more than they expect – every time.
When someone walks into our studio, you’ll greet them as more than a customer – they’ll be a guest – and you’ll be ready to offer them an unforgettable experience. We’ll also look to you to handle all cash and payments with great care, and it goes without saying that you’ll follow all our procedures to the letter. You have a commitment to integrity, acting honestly and ethically, whilst being resilient, professional and solution focused.
We’ll expect you to be a genuine problem solver with a lively appreciation of business matters, and that’s just for starters. As a real multi-tasker, you’ll be ready to take on whatever comes your way. You’ll be a motivating coach, mentor and communicator – all skills learnt working in a similar role in a dynamic environment. Genuine, hospitable and friendly, you’ll be the sort of person who leaves customers with a warm feeling about Whitespace every time they visit.
You don’t just handle pressure – you thrive with it. Always looking for ways to do things better and faster, you’ll be the sort of person who knows what a customer wants before they do. We’ll expect you to have developed this talent in a previous role in a busy environment, and you’ll also have learned to work as a positive and motivating member of a dynamic team.
Ready to coach and develop the skills of less experienced colleagues, we know you’ll also take enormous pride in your appearance and that of the studio too.
This is more than just a job, it’s a passion! And in return, you’ll receive a great hourly rate, 28 days holiday & pension, you’ll work alongside a FABULOUS team and of course there’s the unlimited free classes!
Main tasks include:
• welcome all visitors according to our Customer Service standards
• manage busy class sign-in periods
• actively advise and guide existing and new students in finding appropriate classes and events to meet their personal goals
• promptly and courteously handle enquiries and bookings in person, online and by phone
• actively promote and make recommendations on retail items
• be knowledgeable about all of our classes, events and pricing
• administration (filing, spreadsheets, emails)
• keep common areas neat and clean: tea area, clean studio rooms, empty trash and tidy props between classes efficiently and quickly
• keep retail area looking great which includes keeping area neat and tidy, receiving and organising deliveries
• order and maintain studio supplies
• ensuring studio policies are observed at all times
• champion Whitespace culture by upholding our core values and leading by example
• undertake other tasks and work with the team to support the goals and operational needs of the studio
• follow and uphold Employee Handbook and all other guidelines including but not limited to: Customer Service Guidelines, Dress Code Guidelines, Core Values, etc.
• 2 years sales and/or customer service experience in a busy environment with proven track record of exceeding goals, generating and follow up on leads
• Highly energetic, self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic team player
• Passion for what we do (i.e. yoga/wellbeing) and ability to understand and clearly communicate the different products/programs we offer
• Comfortable and effective in a sales environment
• Super organisational skills, able to multi-task and manage workload in a fast-paced environment, often with changing priorities
• Must have a genuine interest in helping people and deliver company’s high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner
• Ability to stay calm at all times and act respectfully and professionally, even with customers who may become frustrated or raise their voices
• Attention to detail and a LOVE of admin is an absolute must!
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, with proven ability to build rapport
• Comfortable with computers and effective at learning new software products (i.e. booking system, email, spreadsheets etc)
• Proactive problem solver; is solution focused, resourceful and makes things happen
• Flexible schedule as evenings and weekends will be required. Must be able to work overtime for special events as needed.
• Strong work ethic, dependable and responsible with excellent attendance and punctuality
• including attendance and punctuality
• Willingness to learn, grow, and be coached.
• Experience working in retail, yoga, fitness, and/or health industry a plus, but excitement and a commitment to building regular practice into your life essential. We expect you to practice once a week as part of your job.
• Ideally you are NOT wanting a career as a Yoga Teacher as this is an office job with a view to long-term employment. Please see our Yoga Teacher Training if this is the path you wish to pursue.
If this sounds like the ideal post for you and you’ve got what it takes, please complete our online application
Please note, we want to really get a sense of your collective skills and experiences, and so only candidates who have completed our online application will be considered! We encourage you to also provide additional material (e.g. CV, Recent Photo, Covering letter) along with your application – this can be done as part of your online application. If you have any questions, please contact us at the studio.
Closing date: 26th June 2016
Interview dates: w/c 27th June 2016
Position Start Date: July 2016
Only applicants who can meet the minimum requirements will be considered. If you do meet our criteria, we may invite you for an interview (this might include a quick telephone interview prior to your face-to-face interview).
The next stage is a key part of the recruitment process: an invitation to spend time in-studio to complete an ‘on the job experience’. You’ll spend three or four hours with the team, carrying out the type of duties you may have daily in the role, to really give you the chance to see how you like us and vice versa.
If you enjoy this session and you show us that you have got the skills to do the job, you’ll be offered a job – and your career at Whitespace will begin.
Your referees may be contacted once a provisional offer has been made and accepted.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. We will review applications at the earliest opportunity.
We very much regret that due to limited resources and the large number of applications we currently receive, we are only able to inform short listed candidates of the outcome of their application.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We would like to assure you, however, that every application we receive is considered in detail and a shortlist only drawn up after careful reference to a detailed person specification.
If your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies at Whitespace as and when they are advertised.
Thank you for your interest in Whitespace.